Externally link to Create Jira Issue macro

Felix April 29, 2015

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to link externally from another application/site and execute the Create Jira Issue macro.  More specifically, we use the Icinga monitoring solution for our infrastructure and I would like to utilize a feature (called action_url) that takes a URL and opens it.  I want to pass info from an alert (hostname, service description, alert status) directly into JIRA to minimize operator input.  I just discovered this macro while updating our Confluence pages.  The key here is that I would like to pass the information from Icinga directly into the JIRA pre-populating this information.  If this can be done, where can I find some references so I can research how to pass the info from Icinga (I assume Icinga variables or macros as well that might need to be defined and associated with the defined url for action_url).  Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2015

Felix

You can use JIRA API to create an issue by calling a parametrised URL. I suggest you to take a look on our REST API documentation below. Hope that helps you! smile 

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#d2e384

Cheers

L.F

Suggest an answer