External 'user" still see's all projects when creating issue

Pieter Wensveen October 9, 2017

Hi,

I created a Project for our external clients/users/ to see open tasks and create them. 

I went through all the steps for creating the user permissions and groups. When logging in as one of these accounts they see only 1 (thats good) project. But when creating a "issue" they see all.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

"Browse project" controls the projects a user can see, but it's "create issue" that controls what projects they can create issues in.

It does sound odd that a user can create an issue that they then cannot see, but there are valid uses for it.

You'll need to go back over your permissions and lock down the "create issue" permission.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Gonchik Tsymzhitov thanks for keeping an eye out for these duplicates. If you see any more can you please @ mention me? I'll remove them.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and @Gonchik Tsymzhitov thanks for keeping an eye out for these duplicates. If you see any more can you please @ mention me? I'll remove them.

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

Hi! 

Copuld you clarify? 

As I understand in Issue create screen customer can see in DropDown menu all project. Is that correct? 

If it is, please, review create issue permissions in projects.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Suggest an answer