• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • External directory 'Identity Platform Directory' is not supported. Please change the 'active' attribute to '0' or open a support ticket for more help.

External directory 'Identity Platform Directory' is not supported. Please change the 'active' attribute to '0' or open a support ticket for more help.

Peter Schmidt March 17, 2017

I have a problem during export / import to change base-url of my jira-cloud.

I made a backup from the old account with Backup Manager and tried to import it in the new account.

But during import i get the error message above. 

Further investigations showed, that in backup there is a second user directory "Identity Platform Directory" from type IDP with following attributes.

<Directory id="10000" directoryName="Identity Platform Directory" lowerDirectoryName="identity platform directory" createdDate="2016-03-15 04:37:45.641" updatedDate="2017-03-18 06:29:59.568" active="1" description="Identity Platform Directory" implementationClass="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.IdentityPlatformRemoteDirectory" lowerImplementationClass="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.identityplatformremotedirectory" type="IDP" position="0"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="application.password" value="foobar"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="crowd.server.url" value="http://secmap.atlassian.net/crowd"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.currentstartsynctime"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.laststartsynctime" value="1489814999293"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.lastdurationms" value="274"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="com.atlassian.crowd.directory.sync.issynchronising" value="false"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="useNestedGroups" value="false"/>
<DirectoryAttribute directoryId="10000" name="application.name" value="jira"/>

I changed the "crow.server.url" atribute to the new cloud instance name, but got the same error.

The problem is that all users are assigned to this directory and not to the JIRA integrated. 
So when i deactivate the second directory no user and the additional groups are not imported at all. 

I didn't change anything with the useres-directory in the old instance.

How can i migrate the users from old cloud instance to the new one?

thx.

regards Peter

1 answer

1 vote
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2017

See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-64830

I had fixed this, but the change was accidentally reverted by unrelated work.  The fix should be available to you very soon if it is not already, but it will require that you take a new export.

(That issue talks about the issue impacting Cloud to Server migrations, but it would also impact Cloud import/export cycles in the way that you describe.)

Suggest an answer