External data from different Jira

JungmanDavid March 12, 2018

Hi, my problem is quite complicated.. Iam doing on transfer between 2 Jiras. First one is version 5.x and second is 7.x. 

In version 5.x we were used to use external data from database, but we dont want to do that again. So i need to take this content of custom fields cross builded rest api (I builded my own) and now i need to sent HTTP request through customfield in Jira. Is that possible? There is a little problem, we are using Cloud Jira.. so there is no plugin who would make our job easier.. Can u please help me? There is few options, but i dont want to write script on my own and either i dont want to build a new plugin, so iam looking for the easiest way how to solve this problem.. Thanks a lot. :) 

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2018

You might want to take a look at ConnectAll. I know it supports JIRA 5.x, 7.x and JIRA Cloud.

You can request for a demo and see if it works for you.

JungmanDavid March 14, 2018

Thanks for help, but thats pretty complex & expensive, so we will build our own scrip into Jira and rest api which will be answering on script :)

Suggest an answer