External Users - Issues

Julie Cash January 10, 2018

Hi = have one project "partner support" which could have say three partners within the project, i.e., Partner 1, Partner 2, Partner 3.  We want all partners to see issues that get assigned to them but we don't want partners 1, 2, or 3 to see each others issues.  We want them to see only their own issues. There will be multiple users per each Partner.  How can this be achieved?  thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Julie,

You can try Issue Level Security:

Issue security levels are created within issue security schemes and let you control which user or group of users can view an issue. When an issue security scheme is associated with a project, its security levels can be applied to issues in that project. Sub-tasks will also inherit the security level of their parent issue.

Note, if issue security levels are available but aren't set, the project permissions will then be applied.

Hopefully that helps.  If not let me know why that's a limitation and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Julie Cash January 10, 2018

Thank you!

But I would need to create an unique issue type per each partner correct?  I can only associate one issue type per project.  

Suggest an answer