External System Importer - Issue with User Picker custom field

Robert Romanczuk May 21, 2013

Hello,

We are trying to simplify the creatation of issues in a new project by importing from a csv file. The overall process is working except that it errors on a custom field we have of the user picker type. I've tried supplying the username (all lowercase, no spaces), the display name (properly capitalized, with spaces), and the email address for the user. In all cases it generates an error that the specificed user for the field is not found in the roles of the project.

Using the same username value for Reporter and Assignee does work, so I know the user is in the project roles, and the spelling is right, etc..

When importing to a custom field of the user picker type, what type of value is it looking for? Is it even possible?

Thanks!,

Rob

5 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2018

This was fixed 5 years ago by using the correct username. 

Another client of ours had usernames with non-Roman characters in them which failed because they had not got the database collation set correctly, so that is worth checking if you are having this problem

0 votes
Marynel August 3, 2018

Having a similar issue

0 votes
Ricardo Araya May 19, 2014

Still no answer???
We have the exact poblem

0 votes
Anthony Van Alphen May 12, 2014

I have the same issue on import of custom user picker. Still looking for answer

0 votes
Jacqueline Miller September 30, 2013

Did you ever figure out this issue? I'm experiencing the exact same thing!

Suggest an answer