External Storage Options for JIRA

Mamuka May 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Atlassian Cloud storage policy

Hi, Is there a way to integrate external storage into JIRA? We do understand that we can't increase Atlassian Cloud Storage, how can we integrate external storage?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2016

There's loads of ways to add storage to JIRA servers, but Cloud doesn't really have that flexibility.  It provides the standard 25/100Gb and that's it.  You might be able to do some clever stuff with a Connect add-on, but it'll be away from Atlassian Cloud.

Mamuka May 23, 2016

Thanks for quick response. I tried to search for Connect add-on, but don't seem to be able to find anything with that name. Can you give me a hand?

I would go for Server over the cloud, but that one is missing a deal-breaker feature for us - ability to handle hmtl/rtf foramatted emails correctly, so I'm willing to sacrifice all that server flexibility over the cloud limitations.

Would appreciate if you can direct me to that specific Connect add-on.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2016

I'm sorry, that was a badly phrased sentence - I mean you'd have to find or write one that can do remote storage.  I don't know of any specific add-on that does that yet.

Server versions of JIRA are mostly the same as Cloud though, they have the same functions, except for the different add-on types.  They do lag in versions a little, but the gap is not huge.  In the case of email processing though, I don't think Cloud is any different to server at the moment.

Server would free you up to use whatever storage you want though - JIRA just needs something that looks like a local drive for attachments, and I know a lot of places put their attachments on NFS/Samba/SAN shared storage without any issues.

Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2016

To read more about Atlassian Connect you can go to: connect.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer