External Data import (CSV type) to feed a multivalue field like a listbox in JIRA

Christophe Leite September 1, 2013

Hi all,

I created 2 projects JIRA, which contains several issuetypes. Each issuetype is related with one screen, and each screen contains several fields whose certain are multivalues (listbox). I wonder if I could add / update some fields using JIRA plugin import, developed and proposed by Atlassian...

Example : I have a field name "Weather", whose values are "Sunshine", "Cloudy","Windy"

1) I would like to add "Fog" and "Rain" (add)

2) I would like to replace "Sunshine" value by "Sunny" (update)

Is this possible using JIRA plugin import ? or this plugin is only to update precise issues ? (summary fields seem required everytime) ? if not, do you know any other plugin able to reach this need ?

Thanks a lot,

Christophe

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2013

for 1) you have to repeat that field as often as you have values

id;summary;weather;weather
;summary1;Rain;Fog

for 2) I guess you need to update that value under custom field configuration

If you want to update an existing issue you need the issue key(ABC-123) in Field ID

id;summary;weather;weather
ABC-123;summary1;Rain;Fog

Christophe Leite September 1, 2013

Well, my purpose seems difficult to reach with this plugin... :-(

Because, I'm trying to find a tip to add/update some multivalue fields, whatever the issue is (I mean without specifying id or summary of concerned issues)...

Suggest an answer