Extending the Jira to customers with limited access

Hugo Eduardo Loureiro Amadeu May 7, 2013

Hi everyone!

We are going to start using JIRA as a Helpdesk system and we would like to share specific dashboards with specific customers. For example: The Customer A should only see the Dashboard A and the Customer B should only see the Dashboard B.

I can't see any issue so far, but my issue begins when these customers, that were supposed to see only the dashboards, are able to see all the main menus of the system, such as Projects, Issues, Agile, etc.

Based on the explanation above, I have two questions:

Is it possible to share only the Dashboard view, hiding all the others system options?

I would like to allow my customers to open issues by clicking on the button "Create Issue" and follow the treatment of these issues through its Dashboard and that's it. No more permissions. Is it possible?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

You can't hide the menus but you can certainly hide the projects etc. Even if they can see the menu, they won't be able to see any information of hidden projects or issues in it.

Hugo Eduardo Loureiro Amadeu May 7, 2013

Thank you Jobin Kuruvilla!

Actually, I've been working in this way, but other options like "Manage Boards", "Getting Started" on Agile menu are available and the customer probably will try to do something there.

I will try to guide my customer to ignore the menus and focus only in the two options that I wrote above, you know, to create issues and follow those issues on Dashboard.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer