Extending CreateWorklog class in JIRA 5.2 not compatible to prior versions

jtw-ic November 22, 2012

Hey,

I never had any trouble extending the existing CreateWorklog class in JIRA to customize the log work feature, but when I was looking into the API of this class in JIRA 5.2 I noticed that the constructor has changed, what causes some serious issues for the compatiblity of my plugin.

With 5.2 the constructor takes an additional parameter, the new FeatureManager, which is not present prior JIRA 5.2 and thus leaving me with the decision to either use the old constructor and be compatible until 5.1.x or to take the new constructor and not being compatible prior 5.2 at all.

Are there any chances I can extend the CreateWorklog class while being fully compatible for all versions after 5.0 ? Right now I dont see any possible way for it to work, but maybe you have a solution for me.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2012

Most plugins come across this issue once in a while and people create different versions to make it compatible with different JIRA versions. I can't think of any other solution.

You are not alone, if that is a consolation. You can find most plugins in marketplace has different plugin versions for different JIRA versions.

jtw-ic November 22, 2012

Thank you for the quick answer. I guess I'll have to stick with that, though maintaining multiple versions always is a hassle I try to avoid in general, but anyway, thank you again!

Suggest an answer