Exports contain no data

Tracy Dobbs June 15, 2021

I've tried exporting as Excel CSV, HTML, Word, nothing works.  Jira creates a file but there's no information in it.  The one time the Excel CSV worked, there was still data missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tracy

2 answers

0 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2021

@Tracy Dobbs 

I'm not sure if the issue has ever been resolved, but I wanted to let you know that if you are interested in trying a new Excel exporting and reporting option for Jira Cloud, you can try Better Excel Exporter Cloud!

Customers that switched from Jira Cloud to Excel said that it offers a better, more professional Excel reporting solution and user experience compared to a Microsoft Excel add-in.

Discover your newest Jira Cloud Excel export option!

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2021

Hello Tracy,

I wanted to confirm you're attempting an export with Jira cloud and not Jira Server. Could you please confirm this?

Is an admin on your site able to export without having the file being blank?

For Jira cloud, please ensure you're aware of the differences in exports for Team or Company managed projects. Further information on this can be found at Export issues | A note about team-managed projects and server backups.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Tracy Dobbs June 17, 2021

It's via the cloud.  I have no idea who my admin is.  Shouldn't I be able to do this myself?  It's for a project where I am a member.  

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 12, 2021

@Tracy Dobbs Did you get your issue with Jira Cloud for Excel solved?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events