Exporting values from Multi Customer Contact Select

Pramod Kutty January 27, 2014

Is there anyway we can export the values from multi customer contact select to a standard format , excel or pdf etc

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

Dou you mean the options available, or the data on the issues?

I want to export the data from the custom field.

I have a multi customer contact select field listing email adresses . I wanted to be able to export this information in excel or any standard format. Is it possible to export data from a custom field

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

Again, do you mean you want the data that you habe put on the issues, or the possible options for the select list? They are different things.

I am taking about the data held in the custom field . The email adresses of the contacts

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2014

Arg. A select list custom field has a list of options and data associated with issues. Which one of these are you looking for?

Sorry. I mean the list options from the list

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2014

Ok, there's no "export" of these. But it's quite easy to extract - go to an issue where you can edit the field (or a create. Or the screen that lists the options in Admin), hit ctrl-s to save it and then scrape it out of the plain html. ( html2txt is rather handy if you're on a useful operating system)

Suggest an answer