Exporting to CSV or Excel file using JIRA cloud without a paid plugin?

Courtney Manitz April 26, 2017

When I sold this product to my manager, I could've sworn we had the option to export our filtered issues to an excel file. 

I no longer see that option on the issues dashboard (only Word, RSS, or XML).

Is there some secret, saavy way to export the issues to CSV or excel file that I'm not aware of WITHOUT using a paid plugin?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Philipp Suchan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2019

See here for the official (free) Jira Cloud to Excel export:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221301/jira-cloud-for-excel-official

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2017

Courtney,

you can certainly export to CSV any filtered list. Maybe I'm missing a subtle point here? Simply perform your JQL search and in upper right corner you have an action button with an option to export to CSV with all fields or current fields. Let me know. 

Courtney Manitz April 26, 2017

I don't appear to have any CSV export option?

Maybe there is something I missed in configuring JIRA or the project?

export.jpg

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Courtney,

I am seeing it fine on my cloud instance. I wonder if this is a permissions thing as I have admin rights. Do you have admin rights?

Issue_navigator_-_JIRA.jpg

I did a bit of searching in the Community and found this - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/Why-can-I-not-export-filtered-issues-to-excel-or-csv-These/qaq-p/113378

Courtney Manitz April 27, 2017

It shouldn't be. I'm the admin... I'll have to do some more digging.

Thanks!

Gretchen Pitt April 27, 2017

I am an admin on a cloud instance as well. I have been using Jira for ever and this is the first time today that I have noticed the option has disappeared. I think I exported about 2 weeks ago. Haven't tried the workaround yet but its a shame if this option has gone for good because I do use it every sprint. I can't seem to find any system setting that shows what formats to export to.

export options.PNG

Dana Lee 3 May 5, 2017

My Export CSV went away today as well! I use it every week in sprint planning / backlog grooming.  

I hate when Atlassian makes changes and doesn't tell their users. This is a core feature for me. 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2017

Sorry, folks, it looks like a bug that is only impacting a subset of customers:

JIRA Import Wizard / CSV Export Unavailable

The condition is temporary, please watch the bug for updates.

Gretchen Pitt May 14, 2017

Cheers Ann,

Thankyou for the update

Deleted user December 24, 2018

This tag, Is not solved

Suggest an answer