Exporting tickets

Rocsana Chereches August 24, 2022

Hey

When I go to advanced search and try to export all issues into an excel format, it does not go through. anyone know if anything is wrong with this jira functionality?

steps:

all issues -> advanced search -> excel icon -> should ask if i want to export on excel online or desktop (only shows a blank page).

Would appreciate if anyone's having the same issue to share so I know if a wider issue.

Rocsi

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2022

@Rocsana Chereches @Stephanie High 

The unreliability of Jira Cloud for Excel is a known issue, just see the number of complaints here in the community from people you need Excel reporting frequently. If you use an Excel functionality for your job, it should always work, not just sometimes, and should not be a source of frustration.

People needing professional and reliable Excel reporting often turn to Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud. The price of the lowest tier has just been set to 0, making it easier to get started.

If you haven't already, give it a try now.

Have you tried it? What was your experience?

(Please note that Better Excel Exporter for Jira Cloud is a paid and supported app and I'm part of the team developing it.)

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephanie High August 24, 2022

I have been experiencing this issue for almost a month as well. It is terribly frustrating. My monthly reporting is generated using this export to Excel functionality and as of late it almost never works. I just get a "Verify   Loading...." popup on the filter screen, then the "Open in Spreadsheets" tab opens, but nothing else happens, it seems to die there.

If by some miracle, I do eventually get the "Open in Excel" popup, it takes the file ages to download, sometimes it never does.

Rocsana Chereches October 11, 2022

I found that when I ask someone else to do it, sometimes it works..it is v frustrating through..

Like Stephanie High likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events