Exporting different word document formats to the jira

Priyashani Perera October 17, 2012

Is it possible to show couple of word document formats in Jira environment under "view" field?

like... word 1
word 2
word 3

different word formats................

If so sm1 plz giv us a method to do this........................................................................

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Priyashani Perera October 18, 2012

K I wnt to do the codings... Bt I do nt hv an idea abt the place where I need to upload them... Do I neeed to write it inside the issueview folder... Cn u say me the way hw I can upload it....

It should be a vm file... Hw can I prepare it... Please help me.....

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Take a look at our developer space as a first step.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/HOME/Welcome

I'm not very familiar with actually writing custom code... someone else from the community will have a better idea about how to accomplish what you are looking to do.

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2014

Your question is not quite precise, but if you primarily look for a document generation solution for JIRA, remember to try the JIRA PDF View Plugin

It is highly customizable, yet it saves you from the complexity of hardcore JIRA plugin development.

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2013

There is a new plugin Intelligent Reporter that allows easy exporting to word files using as many templates as you like.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.clariostechnology.intelligentreports

0 votes
Priyashani Perera October 19, 2012

Oki Simon.... Thanx I will go through this.... Hpe sme1 will give me an answer sooooon..... Thanx alot....

0 votes

yep... Sure.... Simon.... What I need to know is... under view icon we can get an issue view, in word document format no... So rather than having a single word documant format cant I get several word document formats for issues... In several designs...

Under view icon it should appeard

Word 1
word 2..... ets...

So the user can use different formats according to his preference..... So do we need to install more plugins to do this or should we code and do this....

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2012

Thanks Hiroshi,

By default, JIRA has only one Word document format. I don't think there is a plugin for multiple formats, you would have to do some custom coding if you wanted the feature.

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2012

I'm not sure I uderstand your question Hiroshi :( would you mind explaining your question a bit more?

Suggest an answer