Exporting active/inactive JIRA users with created/updated/last login dates

Rose Somma June 1, 2017

Looking for the best way to obtain the following from our JIRA Server 7.2 user directory:

• username
  • status (active or inactive)
  • created date
  • updated date
  • last login date
  • date deactivated 

I have both ScriptRunner for JIRA and a shell account. Any guidance would be appreciated!

2 answers

2 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2017

Hi Rose,

How about with a database query?  Here's a MySQL one you can adapt to your needs:

SELECT u.id, u.display_name, u.user_name, u.email_address, u.created_date, u.active, a.attribute_name, a.attribute_value FROM
cwd_user u, cwd_user_attributes a WHERE
u.id = a.user_id ORDER BY display_name ASC

Try limiting the results to one user in the WHERE clause. (Example: AND a.user_id = [user id]).

Last login means a user who has "Remember Me" checked in their browser. For this scenario, only the "last login" attribute will be updated. Authentication means a username and password was entered. In this scenario, both the "last login" and "last authentication" attributes will be updated.

PS - I'm no database expert!  But I do know that It's often faster to get information directly out of the database than to use JQL (JIRA Query Language) or the admin UI.  Also, the database provides additional information not available in the admin UI.

Hope this helps,

Rachel Wright

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

1. Use the Better Excel Plugin to export user accounts to Excel: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/user-export

2. Filter, sort, slice and dice in Excel!

Suggest an answer