It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Exporting a list of all issues in several epics

I'm trying to make a list of issues within several epics based on the label given to the epic. What is the best way to export a list of all issues in epics where label = x?

3 answers

3 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Ella_Pestine,

Sadly you cannot achieve the desired search using standard features on Jira, you must go for a third-party app instead. Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack you can type the following:

Search for all issues in Epics with an specific label

issue IN issuesInEpics("type = Epic AND labels = X")

Using this app you can also query other issues relations, check:

References:

Once you create a filter using the provided search you can export the results in differents format, please check Searching for issues page for further information about how to export the filter results into a file (CSV, XML, PDF,...).

Hope this helps you to create awesome queries <3

Kind regards

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Ella_Pestine , unfortunately to do that you need a third party plugin. I used Scriptrunner & JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports 

If you use JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports , following query will get your required results.

issue in allIssuesInEpic("labels='mylabel'")

Results: It will get all epics and their issues who have the label "mylabel" if you want filter further you can add issuetype to get on specific issues.

0 votes
Answer accepted

You will need a plugin (e.g ScriptRunner) which allows you to execute sub-queries in JQL.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you