Exporting JIRA to Excel

Aileen Ly January 20, 2017

I am interested in exporting data into excel (and can do so easily), particularly with studying start and finish times. However I don't see any fields that would be useful to me. Is there anything to measure tasks/epics from the time they are "In Progress" to the time they are "Done/Resolved/Closed" in excel?

So far I only have the "Date created", "Last Updated" , and when it was "Resolved" for dates. 

2 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2017

Better Excel is the JIRA add-on to create custom Excel reports from JIRA issues and other data in JIRA.

There is a template called workflow-reports.xlsx which is part of the add-on and which you could customize to your needs. It tracks "Time to Resolution", "Time to First Response", "Time in <status X>" (for each status) and you can extend these time metrics with your own.

See some samples here: http://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/template-gallery#workflow-reports

0 votes
Deleted user January 20, 2017

suggest you add a custom date field "Started In Progress". Go to your workflow and set the value in that field when it transitions to In Progress. Depending on when the Resolved field is set, you should have what you need. You may also want to clear that field if it transitions back to an earlier status.

Of course those issues already In Progress - Resolved will not be set, but in the future you will have that capability.

Let me know if you need more.

Aileen Ly January 20, 2017

Hi Tom, thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by add a "custom date field"-- would that be another field that goes along with the "label", "Status", "Fix Version", etc.? How would I go about doing that?

Deleted user January 20, 2017

You will need to be a JIRA Admin. If you are not, you will need to ask an Admin to do this. If you are, you can start here;

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/adding-editing-and-deleting-a-custom-field-776636410.html

Suggest an answer