Exporting JIRA Service Desk Customer Survey response comments

Bhav June 20, 2018

Hi, 

Has anyone found a way to export the comments customers leave after completing a JIRA Service Desk Customer Survey? 

The star ratings are searchable/exportable via "satisfaction" but I havent found away to extract the comments customers leave.

Thanks

5 answers

3 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

You can export the customer satisfaction rating and also the customer satisfaction comment with Better Excel Exporter (see column "F"):

jira-service-desk-tickets-with-customer-satisfaction

0 votes
Raphael R. August 27, 2020

Hi Bhav,

I wonder how/where the star rating (1-5) is "searchable/exportable" (without comments) - could you please give me a hint on that? My intend is to export it to excel (without using the "Better Excel Exporter").

Cheers

Shannon October 23, 2020

I don't know about server, but in cloud JSD you can do the following.

Use the JQL: Satisfaction is not null

And then pull the field "Satisfaction" into your results. It'll show up as stars in the Jira view, but when you export to CSV it is a number value.

Raphael R. October 27, 2020

Thanks Shannon! Could you please be so kind to provide some screenshots? I am using JSD cloud and cannot choose/pull the field "satisfaction" nor my admin does.2020-10-27_14h58_01.png

Shannon October 27, 2020

That is the correct JQL, so it must be a configuration situation. Maybe reach out to your admin or submit an issue with Atlassian. They'll ask for access to login to your environment and be able to tell you what about the configuration is causing the problem. 

Untitled presentation (19).png

Sylvain Leduc February 17, 2021

Thanks @Shannon indeed JQL for server would be "satisfaction is not empty" and then edit columns to display the satisfaction field and export csv/current fields.

0 votes
Bhav February 15, 2019

Anyone else looking to do this or got other options?

Cheers

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2018

Hi Bhav,

The only way that I have found to extract these comments is to get them directly from the database.

Bhav June 25, 2018

Thanks - I'm hoping there is a better/simplier way as I don't want to have database access just to extract comments inputted into JIRA. 

Cheers

Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2018

Well, you can use a groovy script to write those comments into a file, that's another option.

Suggest an answer