Exporting/Importing JIRA Projects from cloud to cloud

JIRA Kris November 6, 2014

Hi everyone,

I would like to import JIRA projects hosted on a space in the atlassian cloud associated with a specific account to another space of the atlassian cloud, this target space being administered by people of my company.

But I don't want the Import process to erase the other existing JIRA projects already created in the target JIRA cloud space.

I have seen I can export JIRA issues in an excel file and then importing it without erasing the other projects.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Issues?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fconfluence.atlassian.com%2Fdisplay%2FAOD%2FImporting%2BIssues&application=cac

But the created file does not contain all information about issues. In particular, it doesn't include neither the comments associated with an issue, nor the attachments of an issue.

I have managed to create an XML/Binary backup using the JIRA backup manager, but I've read that importing this backup will erase the existing projects in the target JIRA cloud space.

Could you please tell me if there's a way to export all information of my current JIRA projects (at least issues) and then to import these into another space without erasing JIRA projects of this target space?

Thanks in advance,

Kris

2 answers

0 votes
JIRA Kris November 12, 2014

Hi Elisa,

Thank you for your quick answer! smile 

OK, I will try it. 

So I understand that even if I don't see the comments in the generated CSV file that doesn't mean the comments won't appear in the target space after the import process. Am I right?

By the way, I would like to do a first test but not directly on the target cloud space.

Do you know if it's possible to get a temporary space where I could do my export/import tests?

Thank you very much!

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2014

Hi Kris, 

You can export your data as CSV file and then import it into your new space. Your comments and attachments should come along when importing. Have you tried it? smile

Cheers!

Suggest an answer