Exporting Comments in JIRA Issues Filter

Kshama Sabnis January 7, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Questions and Answers

Is there an existing capability to export comments when we export JIRA issues for JIRA cloud version?

I came across " https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.exporter/cloud/overview " but was not able to successfully get the add-on onto my instance of JIRA cloud. Is this plug in still available? 

Is there any other add-on I can use to get comments exported?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Kshama Sabnis 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2016

Hey, this plugin stills available, but I believe you need to search for it through your JIRA > Manage Addons > "Exporter – Issues to CSV and Excel" and install. You need site-admin credentials to do so. smile

Let us know if the error persists.

Cheers, Rodrigo Silva

1 vote
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2016

Hi @Kshama Sabnis,

Xporter for JIRA allows you to export comments from issues returned from a filter. With this tool you can create custom documents using Word or Excel and get documents generated in Word, Excel or PDF.

This add-on has a template store, all templates are free and you can use them as a base template of your final template. You also can create your own templates from the scratch.

Take a look.

Rui Rodrigues.

0 votes
Kshama Sabnis January 7, 2016

@Rodrigo Silva 

Thanks. It worked. I successfully installed the plugin but when trying to export using : Export–> Comments Excel ( current ) I am getting redirected to a page saying "Redirecting to the 'Comments Excel (Current)' results view. If this doesn't work automatically, click here." and then I get a 504 error page.

Can you help me understand if i am doing anything wrong?

Thanks,

Kshama Sabnis

Suggest an answer