Exportation to excel file

Frédéric Prélaz February 8, 2017

Since the version 7.2.4 JIRA we couldn't export some datas to an excel file. How could I do?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2017

Because of massive demand from users, Atlassian have dropped the Excel export in favour of the new CSV one.

In theory, you can export to CSV and open that in a spreadsheet (the old Excel export was not really excel, it was xml that said "hey, I'm a spreadsheet" and excel could read it).  In practice, the CSV export is not quite ready to replace the old excel export.

You should try the CSV, but if it's not working well enough, you can re-enable the excel functions - find the jira-config.properties file in your JIRA-home directory (you may need to create an empty one) and add jira.export.excel.enabled = true into it, and restart JIRA.  Be aware that it will stop working in later releases of JIRA - I've not tested it on 7.3

Frédéric Prélaz February 8, 2017

I will try, thanks Nic!

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2017

As a more feature rich alternative to Excel (HTML) and CSV, there is the Better Excel Plugin to create real XLSX output from JIRA data.

You may want to give this a free trial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiw0tuhdLzw

Suggest an answer