Export 'username' instead of 'Full Name' to Excel

javarino October 28, 2014

Hello,

When I export issues to Excel, the 'Full Name' gets exported instead of the 'Username'. Can I force the 'Username' to export instead of the 'Full Name'?

The reason why is because I re-import the exported spreadsheet back to JIRA and when I import with the 'Full Name', JIRA doesn't map to the username. JIRA thinks the users are new and creates new users.

How can I fix this?

5 answers

0 votes
Tiep Nguyen February 20, 2017

Hi guys,

Is there any update pls. 
Hope you can make it asap.

Thanks, 

0 votes
Ta Thi Thuy January 12, 2017

Is there any update on this, pls?
I have the same problem and make us crazy when trying to make a report and there are alot of user having the same full name. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

0 votes
Tran Tuan Duong December 6, 2016

There are a lot of people have the same full name, so username will helps us identify exactly.

0 votes
Phil Alberg September 8, 2016

I am interested in a solution to this problem as well.  The Username is much more meaningful than the Full Name.

0 votes
Andrew Wolpers [BlackPearl PDM]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

How many users do you have? Unfortunately the main ways I use to translate this are either through API or a simple Find and Replace if there aren't many users on my import.

Suggest an answer