Export project from Jira Trial version

Łukasz Suchecki June 8, 2014

Hi,

I've set up a trial Jira (+Agile) standalone version instance and I've created there a demo project (30 user stories, and many subtasks).

Is there a way to export content of the project (so I can import that to corp Jira) ? (I've found information that there is Export/Import option on admin page - I cannot see it - probablly it's because I'm using free version) ?

(We will be either buying new 10 users Jira license for this project and using corporate Jira [the problem with that version is that it's being managed by "admin team" and it took them 1 week to add a new project and set up 8 accounts - this is the reason why I've used trial license ... ])

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes

Thanks to all of you

I've done that in a different way - I've exported all user stories to Excel and admin imported those to prod Jira instance.

We've lost some data (for example estimates) but most of fields are still there ;)

0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2014

The full migration instructions are here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+OnDemand+to+a+JIRA+Installed+Site

The instructions for how to obtain the export that you need are available here (and they do mention that some instances have a known issue finding the menu item and how to work around this):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Exporting+issues

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2014

The version of Jira doesn't matter, you should still have the export options (As long as you've got admin rights).

You should be able to do a full backup from there and import it into your corporate install, but to do that, you need to be sure that the two Jira installs are the same version, and you'll need admin rights on the corporate install.

Hmmmm

I can see in System tab Backup System option.

But from what I've found out I should also have "Export" in Project settings

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2014

Chris has given you that link you need for the system backup approach

For project export, I have no idea what you're looking at, but it's not Atlassian documentation.

Suggest an answer