Export issue along with attachments, comments and links into csv and then import into Jira project

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

Hi,

I am trying to export the Risk issues from JIRA project and then import into another JIRA project, which has identical workflow,screen and fields. How I can export into csv format including attachments, comments and links to import ?

This may be repeated question but I am not finding the exact method to do this. hope some other may done this.

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2015

You will not be able to transfer attachments in CSV. Period.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2015

First, CSV?  Probably the worst mechanism you could choose to do this...  Anyway.

For each source JIRA, you need to do as John says - get your issues into the same project first.  Then, export the system to XML.  Next, import that single project into a dev system.  Repeat that for each source JIRA.

Once you have all your issues in the dev system, export that, and then import the merged project into your target.

0 votes
John Pfotzer December 18, 2015

Here is the process I would use.

1) set up a filter to collect all the issues you want to send to a new project.
2) Once you have them saved, go to the tools dropdown
3) you are going to do a bulk change
4) click on all those you want to choose, and click next
5) In step 2 of 4 choose the "move Issues" radio button. you can move them to a new project.
6) Follow the next simple steps.

this will get the job done for you.

welcome

John

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2015

@John Pfotzer how about importing into another Jira instance. My projects are not in one instance. They are in different servers.

Suggest an answer