Export entire history of issues.

Walter Ullon September 28, 2017

I am currently working on developing an internal tool and need to be able to export the entire history of issues for any given JIRA. 

Currently, I am only able to export one thousand issues at a time I'd like to able to get the entire set in CSV format if possible.

Is there a way to accomplish this easily, without having to append a pagination script at the end of each export link?

I'd take any/all suggestions even if it means exporting issues in XML, JSON, etc..

Thanks. 

2 answers

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2017

Hi Walter,

There is also a feature request to get the entire history exported into Excel that you can find at JRASERVER-38896.  Please take a moment to vote on the issue to add impact.

In addition, there are some add-ons that you may be interested in:

Advanced Export

Issue history printer for JIRA

Finally, you can also take a look at Bob Swift's CLI.  In the Communities post Solved: Export Issue History, Bob had this to say:

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) has the getIssueHistoryList action which produces a csv file. Here is a link to example output: getIssueHistoryList.

Similarly you can use getCommentList. The example output is: getCommentList.

Hopefully that provides you with some ideas to move forward.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

You can export the full change history to Excel with the Better Excel Plugin:

jira-issues-selected-fields-with-change-history

ricky.zhuang March 4, 2019

Unfortunately, this plugin doesn't support Jira Cloud.

Suggest an answer