Export custom data into Jira OnDemand - to be shown in Custom Field of Issues

Neil Young June 20, 2014

We are looking to populate a custom field of Issue.

For eg:

Custom Field Name: Issue Location

Values: <list> - city names that can be pushed from an external service. These values are updated periodically.

Is this possible in Jira On-Demand.

thanks. Neil.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2014

Could you clarify - do you mean you want the issues to be updated, or the list of options that could be applied to the issues?

Neil Young June 20, 2014

We have a new field in Issue called Location, which is a drop down. We need to populate the values of the drop-down from an external system that has the actual locations. This has to be an automated process because this list changes dynamically.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2014

Ok, that's clear. I'm afraid there's not a lot you can do in OnDemand. For download systems, I'd be looking at Script Runner or the database-fields plugins to draw the options in from somewhere else. But they aren't available for OnDemand.

However, as it's a location, you might want to try a "location" field from the Jira Suite utilities. It's not your drop-down, but I suspect it'll be be tter than nothing. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

Neil Young June 20, 2014

Thanks Nic. Appreciate your quick response.

Suggest an answer