Export all issue in the outlook 365

Hardik Acharya April 29, 2014

Hello,

I was trying to configure Jira to create ticket automatically when mail received to one of my email ID. I got it configured success fully. Its creating tickets automatically.

But the problem is that it has deleted all the mails which were there in my office365.comaccount. So, there are 2 queries

1) How can I configure jira to create new ticket without deleting mails from my office365.comaccount.
2) How can I recover mail and store it to my office364.comacocunt.

This is very urgent. Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

As the documentation says, the messages are deleted after successful processing. I don't think you can avoid that. So create another mailbox which is just for JIRA and forward all the mails from your account to that mailbox.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

(info) Note — how JIRA handles messages on a mail server/service:

• For mail accounts, JIRA scans email messages received by your mail account's 'Inbox' folder. However, for IMAP mail servers, you can specify a different folder within your mail account.
  • If JIRA successfully processes a message, JIRA deletes the message from your mail account (on a POP or IMAP mail server).
  • If JIRA does not successfully process a message, the message will remain in your mail account.

Handy tips with mail handlers

To allow JIRA to handle email messages sent from people without a JIRA user account:

1. Create an 'anonymous'/'dummy' mail account on your mail server/service (above).
  2. Create an equivalent 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account, whose Email field matches the mail account you created in the previous step.
  3. When configuring your mail handler(s) (above) to handle messages from this mail account, set the Default Reporter to this 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account.

Hello,

I will workout on this but how can I recover all mails from JIRA.

These mails are very important so please help me on this.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

This is really a question for some other forum as this is not JIRA related.

Search google for solution.

Havce you tried this - http://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=31947

Hello Boris,

I have recovered all mails from office365.com

Thanks for your update.

Suggest an answer