I was trying to configure Jira to create ticket automatically when mail received to one of my email ID. I got it configured success fully. Its creating tickets automatically.
But the problem is that it has deleted all the mails which were there in my office365.comaccount. So, there are 2 queries
1) How can I configure jira to create new ticket without deleting mails from my office365.comaccount.
2) How can I recover mail and store it to my office364.comacocunt.
This is very urgent. Please help me to resolve this issue.
As the documentation says, the messages are deleted after successful processing. I don't think you can avoid that. So create another mailbox which is just for JIRA and forward all the mails from your account to that mailbox.
Note — how JIRA handles messages on a mail server/service:
- For mail accounts, JIRA scans email messages received by your mail account's 'Inbox' folder. However, for IMAP mail servers, you can specify a different folder within your mail account.
- If JIRA successfully processes a message, JIRA deletes the message from your mail account (on a POP or IMAP mail server).
- If JIRA does not successfully process a message, the message will remain in your mail account.
Handy tips with mail handlers
To allow JIRA to handle email messages sent from people without a JIRA user account:
- Create an 'anonymous'/'dummy' mail account on your mail server/service (above).
- Create an equivalent 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account, whose Email field matches the mail account you created in the previous step.
- When configuring your mail handler(s) (above) to handle messages from this mail account, set the Default Reporter to this 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot