I was trying to configure Jira to create ticket automatically when mail received to one of my email ID. I got it configured success fully. Its creating tickets automatically.
But the problem is that it has deleted all the mails which were there in my office365.comaccount. So, there are 2 queries
1) How can I configure jira to create new ticket without deleting mails from my office365.comaccount.
2) How can I recover mail and store it to my office364.comacocunt.
This is very urgent. Please help me to resolve this issue.
As the documentation says, the messages are deleted after successful processing. I don't think you can avoid that. So create another mailbox which is just for JIRA and forward all the mails from your account to that mailbox.
Note — how JIRA handles messages on a mail server/service:
- For mail accounts, JIRA scans email messages received by your mail account's 'Inbox' folder. However, for IMAP mail servers, you can specify a different folder within your mail account.
- If JIRA successfully processes a message, JIRA deletes the message from your mail account (on a POP or IMAP mail server).
- If JIRA does not successfully process a message, the message will remain in your mail account.
Handy tips with mail handlers
To allow JIRA to handle email messages sent from people without a JIRA user account:
- Create an 'anonymous'/'dummy' mail account on your mail server/service (above).
- Create an equivalent 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account, whose Email field matches the mail account you created in the previous step.
- When configuring your mail handler(s) (above) to handle messages from this mail account, set the Default Reporter to this 'anonymous'/'dummy' JIRA user account.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG