Export Tempo Advanced Timesheet Report into Excel

Haddon Fisher January 21, 2014

We are rolling out capitalization tracking through a custom field in JIRA, and our accounting group needs a report per month of the amount of time spent on CapEx tickets by each of our developers. I have a filter built to grab the CapEx tickets and I can pull up exactly what I need by going to 'Advanced', selecting the filter, and using the 'Timesheet' view. However, there doesn't appear to be an excel export option for that one view, just the 'Report' and 'List' views.

Am I missing something or does the excel export not exist for this? Several other posts pre-export posts here mention copy\paste, but I'd really like to get something as close to turnkey as possible, otherwise I'm going to have to massage it into shape every month.

1 answer

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2015

With the Better Excel Plugin you can create a template for your desired output and fill that up with data any time later with one click. It also supports Tempo worklogs, and you can create pivot tables (grouped by ticket ID, developer, month) from worklogs or even better create pivot charts from those to visualize the result.

If you need to re-create this every month, then you may want to automate this process (and forget that) using the Excel Automation Plugin.

Suggest an answer