Export Single Project to Provide to Customer including Project Size Question

Ryan Wyrick December 3, 2020

We have an engagement that we have tracked via our Jira, but the client is now considering subscribing directly to Atlassian. They have asked to know the size of the existing Jira Project and Confluence Space, as they would potentially like to migrate it to their account.

Is there a way to tell them the approximate size of the Project and Space? Additionally, the ability to export a single project does not seem to exist, so I assume the best course of action would be to mass export all issues and import them via csv?

1 answer

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

@Ryan Wyrick I assume that when client is asking for the size of the Jira project, they are looking for number of users, and number of issues in the project, for Confluence Space, they are looking for number of users, and number of pages & blogposts in the space.

So, I would suggest the easiest ways to get this information is as below:-

1. For number of users in Jira project: Go to Project Settings->Users & Roles (you will need Project Admin permission) and count the number of users and those in custom groups that are using this project.

2. For number of issues in Jira project: if you are using one of the latest versions of Jira Server/DC, you can get this information on Projects page in Jira Admin console, otherwise you can make use of a simple JQL query in Issue Navigator screen (accessible via Issues -> Search for issues, from the top navigation bar) as "project = <project-name or project-key>" and get the number of issues displayed on the top right of the search results screen.

3. For number of users in Confluence space: Go to Space Settings ->Permissions (you will need Space Admin permission) and count the number of individual users and those in custom groups that are using this space.

4. For number of pages and blogposts in Confluence space, you can ask your DBA (or do it yourself if you have Confluence DB access) to use the SQL queries from the below KB article to get this required information: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-find-the-number-of-pages-blogposts-and-attachments-720636388.html

(Note: From above KB article, you can also get the SQL query to get the number of attachments in a Confluence space)

Regarding the ability to migrate a single Jira project, yes, I agree with you that the best and easiest way to migrate/consolidate this project would be to export all issues for your Jira project from Issue Navigator screen in your Jira Server/DC instance, arrange the CSV data properly in Jira CSV import format, and then import all these issues into Jira Cloud using CSV import, for which you can get more details here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

I hope the above information helps you in achieving your required information.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events