Export SINGLE Jira and Confluence project for "OnDemand"

Backbase ICT December 3, 2014

Dear support, 

we have a very important client of us (a Bank) and we have created a JIRA and Confluence project on our OnDemand. This Bank has his own instance on JIRA and Confluence and they want to import this project to their instance. I know that we have to export all our JIRA in order to give it to them but this is something we don't want. We are interested to give that specific project of them. Is there any way as an extra service you can do for us and give them this project internally by copying the DB instance for this project or you can export it and import by your own ways with our permission of course? It is very important to keep our clients happy and this is something important for us. 

Thank you in advance 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2014

Well, you could raise this with OnDemand/Cloud support, but I don't think they have the tools for it - the functions in OnDemand are the latest, but JIRA simply does not have project export.

Your best bet is still probably a full export and either import it into a local dev/test copy for yourself and delete all the projects you don't want, or import just the single project (after doing the project setup).  Once you've got that copy with just the data you want, you can export it using whatever method you want.

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

I'd agree with Nic here, that would be the method I would use.

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Hi Jouk, we are Botron Software handle quite often requests like this as service engagements. Please drop us an email at sales@botronsoft.com

Suggest an answer