Export Number of Kanban/ Scrum Boards under particular Category

Mohan Sundar January 18, 2021

Dear All,

I have a particular requirement where I have to export the list of boards created under particular set of Projects which belongs to Category A.

Example: I have 100 Kanban Projects under Kanban 2021 Category & 100 Scrum Projects under Scrum 2021 Category.

Now I want to export the list of boards created under each of these two categories. 

It should return me with the below columns, all in single page:

• Board name
  • Board type
  • Administrators
  • Saved Filter
  • Board Creation Date
  • Board Creator Username

1 answer

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2021

Hi @Mohan Sundar

Just to understand the use case better, why do you want to export the boards? You can always export the issues on the board (or from the filter).

I'm not aware of an existing feature to export boards from a specific category, but you can open a suggestion to Atlassian (https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JRASERVER/issues). I recommend to check if any of the existing suggestions would cover your case (I didn't see one).

This other post mentions a plugin that allows to export a board from a Jira instance to another, maybe this can help with your use case?: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/copy-agile-boards-from-one-jira-instance-to-another/qaq-p/368995

Mohan Sundar January 18, 2021

Hi @Carlos Garcia Navarro Thank you for your response.

We have our KPI metrics based on the number of boards created in each project of this Year2021. Hence I want to retrieve the list of boards in both Kanban and Scrum projects.

I understand that it is not directly possible through UI, but I believe there must be a way to find it in Database. 

Thanks and Regards,

Mohana Sundar J,

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

There has been some discussion around it but a reporting from database seems not feasible.
I linked the discussion above for you to better understand what is given currently and what you could probably consider next.
By no means it will be an easy task to do.
Even if this succeeds, if won't mean that it works after a Jira upgrade still, though.

From a general advise - reporting off Jira's database led in very rare conditions to a success, I am afraid.

Suggest an answer