Export More Than 1000 Results to XML of an Open Source Jira Repo

Mona E August 9, 2013

I am trying to extract an xml file from a serach result which contains more than 1K bug reports, e.g., 5-20K from an open source such as Moodle repository (https://tracker.moodle.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa) and a commercial one.

I can extract the first 1000 bug reports in the xml file only, and from the below article looks like there is a tempMax=1000 in the url. But I dont know how can I change the other ones.

jira.search.views.default.max = 2000
jira.search.views.max.limit = 2000

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2013

You've sort of answered your own question - the document you point to covers the technical side of how to export more (and why it's a bad idea).

I think the missing piece for your question is that OnDemand is set up to enforce the hard 1000 limit to prevent the overloading caused by large requests. You can't change that on OnDemand, it's done at a system level.

You mention Moodle (as well as OnDemand), which I know has some defaults - if you need to do large exports, you'll need to get the Moodle admins for the Moodles you're working with, to change the system settings to allow it.

However, I think you might find it easier and more useful to examine *why* you are trying to do load-intensive downloads and see if you can do whatever it is via a different route. What are your exports actually for?

Suggest an answer