Export More Than 1000 Results to Excel (ON demand subscription)

Cihan Karakuş January 7, 2015

How can i export more than 1000 rows on JIRA cloud instanse?

I have read the article below; but the managers who is using this system wants too many reports. I dont have much time to export 1000 rows and consolidate them at the end. I need a permanent solution, can't you customize my cloud instance export limit to 20000? 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Export+More+than+1000+Issues+to+Excel+from+Issue+Navigator+in+JIRA+Cloud

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

Well the problem here is that you don't know what your managers want. Nobody will look at list with 20000 issues. They will filter these list again to get what ever shorter list. And this is what you need to find out. Talk to them in order to get their real requirements.

Show them what you can do with dashboards and all available gadgets. Point out all the benefit they would have to see everything in one single dashboard. I bet for any requirements from your managers you can find a solution. So you will save your time and the managers as well.

the problem is that i am preparing a report form huge amount of data via using excel (dashboards are not meet with my reqs.). So i need to export these datas to excel which are over 1000 rows.

Can you suggest a solution?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2015

No, there is no solution in order to export more then 1000 issue. As stated in your KB-link it is not allowed for JIRA Cloud.

there must be a solution this is waste of time for me!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2015

There are two ways you can get this out: 1. Break up your query into smaller parts (a pain to run many downloads and stitch them together) 2. Download the xml and parse it for the issues you need (a pain to parse out your issues) A far better approach is to reexamine your reporting requirements. Reports based on 20,000 issues are almost universally useless, you want summaries, not the issues, and those summaries are mostly available in JIRA. Perhaps if you explained them to us, we could point you at something that you can do.

Kane McConnell September 2, 2017

XML is also limited to 1,000. Not a solution.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

No, not the export, the xml backup of your whole system.

It is still going to take you a lot longer to deal with than examining the reasons you think you want a functionally useless 20k download.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2015

You can use getIssueList from JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) to produce a CSV file which can be imported into Excel. The data is retrieved in small chunks, so it avoids the JIRA limit. For very large queries, you just need to make sure the client JVM has sufficient memory.

Suggest an answer