Export Jira issues to Excel with two extra columns

J Vlietland February 23, 2014

I want to export Jira issues to Excel with two extra columns.

One column shows the date of the status moved for the first time from Ready to Open and

One column shows the date of the status moved from In Progress to Done.

I have searched in the JQL documentation to find a query that caters for this, however the only way seems to query the issues for each day that the status has changed. However this ends up in 730 queries for one year which is a bit ridiculous. There must be a easier way to get this information.

1 answer

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2014

Do this with the help of the Better Excel Plugin:

1. Create a simple Groovy script that returns the two values you need (input argument is the issue, return value is the date object)
  2. Set up a custom template that executes this script, and puts the two values to two columns in the right side. For that you just have to add 2 Groovy method calls.
    (Extra tip: I think that easiest is if you take the original issue-navigator.xlsx template which is part of the plugin, and use that as starting point.)

Don't worry, it is easy! We have many similar reports in our JIRA, and you can always ask for our help:

jira-excel-dates.png

Suggest an answer