Export Issues to Excel are Read-Only with the "Excel Connector for JIRA" version 1.1.0

Jean-Francois Drapeau December 20, 2012

I'm actually testing a plugin "Excel Connector for JIRA" from Transition Technologies S.A.

I contacted them and they said that the problem is on my side because they can't reproduce it.

When I export Issues from JIRA 5.1 to Excel, my excel file is automatically in [Read-Only] and [Protected View]. Even if all my settings in the "Excel Trust Center" are set to allow everything it doesn't work. As soon as I sync data between Excel and JIRA my workbook is back to "Protected View".

Is there a way to set JIRA to sent it in full rights mode ??

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jean-Francois Drapeau December 25, 2012

Hi John,

This is not an existing file. Il's a file generated by JIRA when issues are exported to Excel. Even after saving a file the read only flag is not ON.

To give you more details. Let say I export issues in Excel and unprotect the workbook, as soon as I sync data with the plugin the read only is back on. That's why I'm positive that the solution must come from JIRA and not Excel. Everything as been done on Excel side to avoid that situation.

Thanks

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2012

Hi Jeff,

Can you disable the read-only excel in your environment first befre test in JIRA?

1. Make sure that the file is not open in Excel.
  2. On the Windows Start menu, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
  3. In the Exploring window, open the drive or folder that contains the file.
  4. Click the file name.
  5. On the File menu, click Properties.
  6. Click the General tab.
  7. Clear the Read-only check box.

Good luck.

Regards,

John Chin

Suggest an answer