Export Issue History

Sumanth Rao June 23, 2014

Hi,

Is it possible for me to export all the history of a ticket into an excel. Just like it is possible to export list of all tickets, I would like to see all the comments and actions on one particular issue

7 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

I don't think that this is possible in JIRA out-of-the-box. However, I have raised an improvement request for this here - JRA-38896

For now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

• Vote, so that it will receive more attention
  • Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates
  • Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy.

Thank you very much. Appreciate your quick help on this one.

1 vote
Anna Jonson -SaaSJet- June 4, 2019

Hi there

Our team developed the handy application for Cloud version of Jira - Issue History.

It allows analyze the history of all changes in two ways: online - at the site of Jira, using the capabilities of custom settings and off-line - working with exported data.

Regards

Anna

SaaSJet

Deleted user January 21, 2021

Too expensive :(

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) has the getIssueHistoryList action which produces a csv file. Here is a link to example output: getIssueHistoryList.

Similarly you can use getCommentList. The example output is: getCommentList.

Thank you for this information. I do not have license for CLI. My requirement is to export it from within the web interface.

0 votes
Frederick Fernandes June 17, 2021

from an auditing point of view, this would a lot of sense, unfortunately as usual there are only a lot of pricey plugins to choose from.....

0 votes
Tomasz Kustrzynski July 26, 2017

In case anyone is interested in the solution for JIRA Cloud, there's now plugin that exports history of changes to JIRA issues - Advanced Export.

Any custom or standard field can be exported with every change as a separate row to make it easy to analyse in spreadsheet or postprocess in any other way.

Here's documentation.

Full disclosure: I'm the author

0 votes
CURVC Atlassian July 16, 2017

We recommend the following add-ons:

0 votes

Sorry I am not sure what is needed. I want someone to answer my question

Suggest an answer