Expire Jira issue based on field

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

I created a Jira project for our "outage log". It will house outages and both planned and unplanned maintenance. We use to use a confluence page but wanted better reporting.

Certain people in IT and support will create an issue for individual outages. Specifically for the planned maintenance I would like to set an expiration date of sorts using a custom field. So that the issues closes itself when the expiration date/time is met the issue will close itself.

How can we accomplish this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

I'd suggest installing the script runner plugin. from there, you can write a service in groovy that runs every few minutes. in that service, it would look over this "outage log" project reviewing the custom field for the expiration date. in the event that the expiration date is in the past, it would advance it to a done status.

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2014

Sounds like a viable option. We will give this a try.

Suggest an answer