Existing BitBucket account - connecting JIRA OnDemand

I have an existing, personal, BitBucket account, where I've included my corporate email.

Our company just started using JIRA OnDemand, and we're considering using BitBucket integration.

I'm interested in keeping my personal private repositories private, and am concerned about what will happen when I try to connect JIRA to BitBucket.

Another way of asking this question is: when connecting JIRA to BitBucket, do JIRA/BitBucket administrators have access to personal, private, repositories?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I've done the test, and here's what I've determined:

My private repositories remain private, and I retain complete control of my personal BitBucket account. My personal account was made an admin of the newly created team account.

Another way of saying this is: the team account is the only account that has the post-commit hook added to each repository which links the repo to the JIRA instance.

This widget could not be displayed.

The access will be determined by the credentials you provide on the link to Bitbucket.

You can select which repositories you'd like to link after creating the link as well.

According to Linking a Bitbucket or GitHub repository with JIRA OnDemand it will also depend on what you link. If you link the account or a specific repository. (see step 2, point 7)

You can always do a test by linking the account without auto linking repositories and remove it if you see that your private repositories are there too.

Cheers,
Mauro

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

576 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you