Executive status reporting in Jira

Christopher Sanders November 9, 2018

Looking for ideas and report / templates to enable weekly senior executive level status reporting in Jira. We use Jira to organize and track development in several initiatives- the information is too granual for c-level leadership. We need a way to synthesis activity and progress in a given period, articulate whether we are ahead, on track or behind and why...as well as any blockers. Currently, we find we have to manually synthesize Jira information and then manually create executive level status in ppt. Would be great to generate this type of status in Jira. Ideas welcomed.

4 answers

0 votes
Martin Kinyua June 29, 2021

Hi @Christopher Sanders did you get a solution?

0 votes
Raimundas Juska
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2018

I have an add-on suggestion for you too. The add-on that I have created Simple Reports & Charts - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1218888/simple-custom-reports-charts-for-jira

It has an ability to subscribe to Overview report by an email weekly - so you get an overview pdf each week.

Eric Barnes January 20, 2022

Why is it to get some simple freaking executive reporting for JIRA, we always have to go after more cost for a plug in to overcome the gaps of this product?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Lime Trees November 9, 2018

Hi,

I believe we have exactly what you need :)

In our add-on Status History PRO you have possibility to prepare any kind of executive summary regarding status changes in current project. More details you can find in detailed instruction how to use Status History Viewer.

If you need similar report with information about work logged, please take a look at Worklog History PRO and its Viewer.

In case of any questions, please let us know, we'll be happy to help!

Regards,

Lime Trees Support Team

0 votes
Deleted user November 9, 2018

Hi @Christopher Sanders,

I have a few questions;

1. Could you attach an example report to reverse engineer?
  2. What metrics do your executive team care about most?
  3. Since your executive team consists of more than 1 person, do you know what each executive prioritises with regards to the information being reported? I know a number of executives that sometimes only want a sliver of information from the main report, therefore I would only create a different dashboard or report just for them to reduce the noise.

Thanks

Deleted user November 10, 2018

Hi @Christopher Sanders,

To answer your query I would like to tailor it to your requirements. A few pointers from yourself would be helpful in fully understanding. 

Thanks 

Suggest an answer