Excluding tickets from a filter is not working as expected.

Federica Silvi February 2, 2021

I created a filter for open issues, and need it to exclude tickets that have Done as status. I can't seem to be able to do that.

I copied the syntax (statusCategory != done) from a colleague's filter where they are excluded. I also tried using a different field (status != done) and still, I keep seeing Done tickets in the list.

What am I missing? Is the Status field in my project simply mapped to something different in JQL, and if so, how would I go about finding out what it is?

In case it helps, this is the full filter syntax (everything else I'm asking it to do, it's doing correctly):

component in ("Instant Awards & eCards", "Nominations & File Uploads", "Connect App") AND statusCategory != done AND labels = rnr-incident OR labels = rnr-request OR labels = rnr-improvement AND project = "Reward Gateway Development" ORDER BY priority DESC, status DESC

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul O
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Put some parentheses around the OR clauses

component in ("Instant Awards & eCards", "Nominations & File Uploads", "Connect App") AND statusCategory != done AND (labels = rnr-incident OR labels = rnr-request OR labels = rnr-improvement) AND project = "Reward Gateway Development" ORDER BY priority DESC, status DESC

Federica Silvi February 3, 2021

This seems to have done the trick. Thank you so much!

0 votes
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2021

Hi Federica,

you are using Jira Cloud? What statuses does your workflow have? Is the Done Status colored green?

Another option you might want to try is using: resolution is empty

Regards,
Kai

Federica Silvi February 3, 2021

Thank you Kai!

Yes, the Done Status is indeed coloured green. 

Someone else suggested I format the query differently and that seems to have done the trick. I will keep "resolution is empty" in mind, too, in case it comes in useful in future.

Like Kai Becker likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events