Excluding items in a TOC

Hello. I am trying to exclude certain things from a my TOC and I cant get it to work. I wanted to exclude a heading that starts with "Not this" so I added the following in the "Exclude Headings" box on the TOC editor dialog .\Not*\.

This does nothing. I cant find any examples of using this method to exclude headings. Any examples would be greatly appriciated.

1 answer

Please try to add

"Not*"

without quotes, what for do you need dots?

Thanks Alexey. I tried Not*. No change. I put the dots in because I dont understand what the format is suppose to be. The example in confluence is not very helpful.

Not* does not work.

The correct expression would be:

• Not.*
  • Not this.*
  • Not th.*
  • or anything similiar and in between

In other words:

Don't forget to add a "." which makes sure that the beginning of your expression (here: "Not this") can be followed by basically anything.

For more explanation also check:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/TOC-Macro-Exclude-two-headings-with-different-names/qaq-p/95702

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

474 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you