Exclude person adding a comment from getting a notification

AUT Web Centre October 16, 2016

When I add a comment to a ticket and share it either internally or with the customer, how can I stop myself getting an email notification? Since I'm the person adding the comment, it seems little pointless I get an email telling myself I've just made a comment.

I don't want to remove "all watchers" from notifications otherwise none of the watchers will get an email.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

You can edit your own profile and turn off the notifications of your own updates. I normally set that as the default before creating users. If the default is changed new users won't get notifications, but any current users will need to edit their profile to turn it off.

0 votes
AUT Web Centre October 17, 2016

Ah! Thanks Joe! Wouldn't have thought to look there.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2016

By default the one commenting should not receive a notification. At least that is how it has always worked for my projects. I have never had to edit this setting in my profile but as Joe mentioned that is the place to first look. You can also use the "Notification helper" in the project's Notification screen to tell you why a user is or is not receiving a notification.

Suggest an answer