Exchange strips the fullname variable

Panagiotis Georgakopoulos May 8, 2017

Hello, I have run into the problem that's been described in a other ticket with the same Description. I cannot find the solution though. The solution that is mentioned below is not working. 

If the notification is sent to an external email address, the Fullname variable is working as it should. For internal emails the variable is stripped. What can i do? 

Can anyone help me with this? What must i change in order to work.

2 answers

0 votes
Panagiotis Georgakopoulos May 14, 2017

Anyone has any thought? 

parthiban_selvaraj December 5, 2018

Hi Panagiotis,

Am also facing the same problem, did you find any solution. 

Thanks,

Parthiban

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

Hi Panagiotis,

Can you give us a link to the ticket you're talking about?

Plus, can you give us a bit more information on the Email setup you're using for JIRA? Are you using your internal exchange to send (and receive) emails?

Best,

Maarten

Panagiotis Georgakopoulos May 10, 2017

Dear Maarten,

I cannot copy the url of the ticket. The title is "MS Exchange with Outlook Strips the FullName Variable in Notifications" 

For the email setup, i am using our internal MS Exchange 2010 and in "Email From" field i have put the following parameters:

${fullname}

For the external email the variable is working perfect. But for the internal address the From Name is changing to the default. 

Panagiotis Georgakopoulos May 15, 2017

Dear Maarten, 

Do you have any thought about it?

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2017

Sorry Panagiotis, 

I really have no idea. You could ask Atlassian Support for help.

Best,

Maarten

Suggest an answer