Exchange 2013 JIRA integration

EMDS August 5, 2014

We recently migrated from Microsoft Exchange 2010 to 2013, doing so we lost IMAP support on 2013 and cannot receive emails into JIRA. I am struggling to find documentation on how to integrate JIRA incoming email into our new Exchange 2013 hosted infrastructure.

Thanks for the advice!

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

You need to enable IMAP on Exchange 2013 (Ideally, the secure form, IMAPS). It's disabled by default on later versions of Exchange because Microsoft prefer their inferior and proprietary MAPI protocol.

Once Exchange has had that re-enabled, Jira will work fine.

0 votes
Nick Oliver November 10, 2015

Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

• ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

POP or IMAP not working in JIRA

Exchange 2013. POP3 backend and IMAP4 backend enabled in Exchange.

Any idea?

Should i create a new connector in Exchange?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2015

Maybe. There's not enough information here - connection refused could be incorrect credentials, or POP or IMAP not being enabled - you'll need to debug why it is refusing to talk to JIRA.

Nick Oliver November 11, 2015

I have an email account, and can login with this account to Exchange. Thats mean credential is OK so, in Exchange for this account: IMAP: Enabled POP3: Enabled MAPI: Enabled In Exchange 2013 server POP3 backend and IMAP4 backend is started. I'm trying add pop\imap mail server for Jira to retrieve mail from Host name - server with POP3 and IMAP4 started services Each of protocols POP, SECURE_POP, IMAP, SECURE_IMAP not working with my account. Same error: Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify: •ConnectException: Connection refused: connect Account and password checked in Exchange, its working in Exchange fine.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 11, 2015

I'm afraid repeating the same information does not tell us anything new. You need to debug the reason Exchange is refusing the credentials. It doesn't matter if "account and password checked in exchange" - you need to check them from a remote system by connecting to the pop or imap ports. Check the exchange logs to find out why it is refusing the connections. Maybe test with telnet to the server on the pop/imap ports to try to get more detail on the refusal.

0 votes
FredericB February 3, 2015

Hi,

I try to integrate exchange 2013 server as IMAP to receive mails into JIRA, and I get the following error :

• ProtocolException: No login methods supported! with IMAP on port 143
  • SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target on port 993 (IMAPS)

Many others application successfully access the IMAP server, and I checked the IMAP was enabled on it.

Any idea where the issue come from ?

Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2015

That suggests that IMAP is only enabled for SSL access and you have not installed the certificates JIRA needs to present to the server to use it over SSL

FredericB February 4, 2015

You are right, I added the autorisation for the IMAP server on cacert file on my java environment and configure JIRA for IMAPS. Thanks Nic.

Benjamin Gordon September 13, 2017

Did this work for you Frederic? Where can I find this autorisation for the IMAP to put on a cert?

FredericB September 14, 2017

Suggest an answer