Exception while updating issue

Mizan Community Champion May 27, 2012

Hi All ,

I get an exception when i update an issue , however the field edited is updated in the background.

(log.txt)

What can be the reason ? i am reffering this document however i am not able to identify which plugin is causing this exception.

8 answers

1 accepted

Hi Mizan,

Here's a longshot - do you have the Field Security Plugin installed? I think that adds a column called fieldid to the changeitem table so it must have methods to get this field.

Mizan Community Champion May 29, 2012

but i have this plugin installed in another instance where this exception does not occur

Sorry I haven't. Sounds like it's not installed properly - you've installed the right patch for your version of JIRA as well as the jar? See the installation guide. You could also compare the working instance with this one and see if any obvious differences jump out (eg does the new field exist in both DBs? Has the plugin loaded correctly? etc).

Have you checked the log from when JIRA starts up and tries to load the plugins? There might be something helpful logged there.

Or you could try contacting the plugin developers - I've found that Quisapps respond pretty quickly to questions on their plugin forum.

(BTW I'm nothing to do with quisapps, I just use the plugin.)

Yes i do have field security plugin installed ,

Thanx alot for this longshot ,

Have you ever faced this issue ?

Mizan Community Champion May 30, 2012

The plugin was not installed properly and now this issue is resolved .

Once again thanks alot for pointing to the right direction .

This answer deserves a vote up :)

Is this only happening with one issue? Or with every issue you update?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion May 28, 2012

The doc says to have a look at the logs, are you not able to pull out the exception from the logs?

EDIT: Didn't see the log attached already :(

0 votes
Mizan Community Champion May 28, 2012

@Ramiro , This is happening for every issue i update

@Renjith , I am not able to find which plugin is causing this as all plugins installed are compatible .

0 votes
Mizan Community Champion May 28, 2012

In the API i found that there is no method setFieldId() in the ChangeItemBean ,how to find the root cause of this exception ?

I can confirm you that there's no com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean.getFieldId() in 3.3.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 5.x (according to the javadocs I have).

Are you sure this is not a custom build ? Are you sure no-one replaced a jar inside Jira ?

0 votes

Hey Radu ,

Even i had checked the Jira Api docs and did not find com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean.getFieldId()

No jars has been updated in the Jira . Is there any way to find the root cause of this exception ?

Thanx

I have same issue. addon is installed correctly. Any pointers?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,139 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot