Exception report, MYSQL, The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

PA MA May 14, 2014

HI!

After connecting the Database (MYSQL) to Jira, I get a Error when i try to start Jira through IP or Hostname.

type Exception report

message com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype FROM PUBLIC.propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME=? AND ENTITY_ID=? (SELECT command denied to user 'jiradbuser'@'localhost' for table 'propertyentry')

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

I try this command allready it seams that it works well.

mysql -p -u jiradbuser -h localhost jiradb

Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 251
Server version: 5.5.37 MySQL Community Server (GPL) by Remi

Copyright (c) 2000, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

6 answers

0 votes
PA MA May 19, 2014

OK!

know for the first step, jira is working! Thank you

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

Well, it seems that you (jira) created the db tables using the default database (public?), not the one you created for (jiradb).

If you don't have important data and you're only trying to install for very first time: delete all databases and users and start from the ground

Rename dbconfig.xml file so when you restart jira it will show you the setup menu ...

Or if you want the last resort: edit dbconfig.xml and set "public" as the database name (instead of jiradb), but I recommend you to recreate db

0 votes
PA MA May 14, 2014

OK!

Next Error 1146!

mysql> use jiradb;
Database changed
mysql> SELECT* FROM propertyent;
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'jiradb.propertyent' doesn't exist

Thank you for your support!

0 votes
PA MA May 14, 2014

HI!

This is what I did.

mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP,ALTER,INDEX on
  jiradb.* TO 'jirauser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mypassword';

mysql> flush privileges;

I did everything, step by step. See the link...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+Up+a+MySQL+Database+on+Linux+for+JIRA

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2014

Ok, from you outputs seeems that jira and mysql are installed in the same server.

Then, try to connect as jiradbuser:

mysql -p -u jiradbuser -h localhost jiradb

user jiradb;

select * from propertyent;

0 votes
PA MA May 14, 2014

If i check what priveleges me user has, I get these answer.

| Host      | User       | Password                                  | Select_pr                                                                                                                                                             iv | Insert_priv | Update_priv | Delete_priv | Create_priv | Drop_priv | Reload_                                                                                                                                                             priv | Shutdown_priv | Process_priv | File_priv | Grant_priv | References_priv |                                                                                                                                                              Index_priv | Alter_priv | Show_db_priv | Super_priv | Create_tmp_table_priv | L                                                                                                                                                             ock_tables_priv | Execute_priv | Repl_slave_priv | Repl_client_priv | Create_vie                                                                                                                                                             w_priv | Show_view_priv | Create_routine_priv | Alter_routine_priv | Create_user                                                                                                                                                             _priv | Event_priv | Trigger_priv | ssl_type | ssl_cipher | x509_issuer | x
GRANTS FOR jiradbuser@localhost;
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Grants for jiradbuser@localhost                                                                                   |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO 'jiradbuser'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*C44068EB637F622E2C8BEB45FBAA4ECF80EA99BF' |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER ON `JIRADB`.* TO 'jiradbuser'@'localhost'        |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `mydatabase`.* TO 'jiradbuser'@'localhost'                                                |
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX, ALTER ON `jiradb`.* TO 'jiradbuser'@'localhost'        |
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

And can you explain me how I can check if the USER can SELECT propertyent table?

Thank you

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2014

Try connecting using that user and issuing an SELECT * FROM propertyent, if possible, in the same server you're running Jira.

did you flush'ed the privileges ?

which command have you used to grant privileges to jiradbuser?

BTW: grant usage means "no privilege"

(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/es/grant.html)

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2014

From the outputs, you are able to connect using "jiradbuser". But can you test if that user can SELECT propertyent table?

Maybe you forgot to "grant any privilege on jiradb.*"?

Suggest an answer