Exception during restoring system (Jira 6.3.5).

Hi Guys!

I have have installed JIRA 6.3.5 and try restoring system. My zip backup was made in JIRA 5.2.11

Unfortunatelly, durring restoring data I got exception:

Exception thrown during upgrade: Unable to create the Quartz job and trigger

com.atlassian.scheduler.SchedulerServiceException: Unable to create the Quartz job and trigger
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1SchedulerFacade.checked(Quartz1SchedulerFacade.java:389)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1SchedulerFacade.scheduleJob(Quartz1SchedulerFacade.java:301)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1SchedulerService.scheduleJob(Quartz1SchedulerService.java:104)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.core.DelegatingSchedulerService.scheduleJob(DelegatingSchedulerService.java:66)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.tasks.UpgradeTask_Build6317.upgradeFilterSubscriptionSchedules(UpgradeTask_Build6317.java:143)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.tasks.UpgradeTask_Build6317.doUpgrade(UpgradeTask_Build6317.java:78)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeTaskSuccess(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:693)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.runUpgradeTasks(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:542)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgrade(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:471)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeeded(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:413)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeManagerImpl.doUpgradeIfNeededAndAllowed(UpgradeManagerImpl.java:348)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.checkIfUpgradeNeeded(UpgradeLauncher.java:106)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher.start(UpgradeLauncher.java:54)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.ActiveServicesLauncher.start(ActiveServicesLauncher.java:42)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$3.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:133)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:324)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:214)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:115)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.access$100(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:31)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher$1.run(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:78)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:34)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:73)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:71)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4992)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5490)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1575)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1565)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.quartz.SchedulerException: Based on configured schedule, the given trigger will never fire.
at org.quartz.core.QuartzScheduler.scheduleJob(QuartzScheduler.java:817)
at org.quartz.impl.StdScheduler.scheduleJob(StdScheduler.java:243)
at com.atlassian.scheduler.quartz1.Quartz1SchedulerFacade.scheduleJob(Quartz1SchedulerFacade.java:297)
... 30 more

Many thanks for any help with solvig problem.

Regards

Mik

5 answers

Hi! There are any big change like operating system, timezone or locale? Which type of installation you used?

Best regards!

--

Andreyev

Hi 

Yes It's new server. Very comparable, but I think only timezone can be another (+2 hours)

I'm getting success if I restoring to version 6.2.7

Regards

Mik

Did you ever resolve this?  We are simply testing an upgrade from 6.1 to 6.3.5 and we receive this error.  We opened a support ticket but I was also curious as to your possible solution.

Hi

In our case we deleted some old classes in Services (System > Services).

This deleted classes was from uninstalled plugins.

Excellent. Thanks for replying. We will give this a try to see if it helps us get past this error. Thank you for your response!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,304 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you