Excel tool which takes JQL as input

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

Hi All

I want to be able to build an excel tool which would take JQL as an input (from a user , from the excel) and go to jira, search it and download the results back in the excel.

Is it something possible or am i dreaming too much?

Do we have any plugins which does this?

Is there any easy solution to my problem?

Rahul

3 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2014

Not exactly sure what you mean by Excel tool, but you can use JIRA Command Line Interface and the getIssueList action to produce a csv file (excel can import) of issues satisfying a JQL query or filter search.

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2014

Hey guys, check out our Structure plugin. It's not exactly this tool that you describe, but it has a very nice Excel export. Note the "Views" concept that lets you quickly switch columns and define your own views.

It exports a structure, so first you'll need to do a JQL search, then add all results to an empty structure, then do the export.

In Structure 3.0, we'll have a much more straightforward way to go from JQL to Excel export.

Cheers,
Igor

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2014

Hi,

Just for information, I think that is the same needs , I am starting to develop a plugin to our company using jXLS API which export a JQL result to an excel file using an excel template file.

Suggest an answer